Photo of two Law Centre advice workers taking a phone call from a client

Advice Services
Community Care
Community Groups
Employment and Discrimination
Welfare Benefits
Mental Health
Public Law
Advice Network
About Us
Home Page
Staff List
Volunteer List
Job Vacancies
Annual Review (PDF format)
Annual Review (Word format)
Contact us
Like To Help Us?
Easy Read

ABLC Colours
White on Green
Black on Yellow
Black on Blue
Yellow on Black

Increase text size
Reduce text size

Community Care Advice

Get help and advice about problems with Health and Social Services in Bristol and Avon

We may be able to help if you have problems with services provided in any of these areas:

Avon & Bristol Law Centre provides specialist advice, casework and representation in all these situations. From NHS primary care and GP services to care and support from the local authority; from disability rights to assistance for carers with care and support.

If you, or people you care for, have difficulty accessing these services, we can advise you on how to take the first steps to obtain the help you need. This may be to help find your way round the health and social care system, or question a decision you think is wrong.

As we also act for people on welfare benefits, housing, debt and mental health issues, we can help to disentangle complicated problems that often involve many of these areas, and help you clarify your rights and how to protect them.

We can also provide training for other agencies and community groups on community care issues.

Our service covers Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.

How to contact us

Download and complete our referral form, and return it by fax, post or email:

Referral form - word format
Referral form - pdf format

Or contact Avon & Bristol Law Centre in confidence.

Reception: 0117 9248662
Fax: 0117 9248020
Minicom: 0117 9245573

Other useful websites

Please note that we cannot vouch for the content of these external websites.

Direct Gov. This website provides an introduction to legal aid and contains information about how to get help or find an adviser.

The Care Forum (TCF). An umbrella organisation for voluntary organisations working in health and social care. It works in the area covered by Avon Health Authority and the unitary authorities of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. The Care Forum also delivers direct services in providing information for disabled people and support for people making complaints against Social Services.

MIND. The national MIND website which includes on-line information materials and details of local MIND associations.

NHS. The National Health Service website which provides information about national and local services and has links to other useful websites.

RADAR. The Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation is a national organisation of, and for, disabled people. Its key areas of activity are: supporting over 500 local and national disability organisations, campaigning for improvements in disabled people's lives, and providing information to support independence and equality for disabled people.

Age UK. Includes factsheets which can be downloaded from the website. You can also get details of local Age UK branches. If you live in Bristol there is also a website for Bristol Age UK.

Carers UK

Return to top of page